Sunday, November 6, 2011

November Beading Babes project

I am a member of the Beading Babes and this November we elected to do two beading projects.  Sleek in Silver the pattern is in the October/November Beadwork magazine and Earthly Hues which is in the April/May 2010 Beadwork magazine.
I have completted the Sleek in Silver necklace and have started the Earthly Hues necklace.  I do not want to post a picture of the completted necklace just yet, but I will show the progess of making it.

The beginning of one side
One side complete
 and the start of the other side.

This was an easy project and went fairly fast I was able to complete this necklace in one day. This necklace is a good project for a bead weaver beginner.  The instructions are well written and easy to follow. So if you are interested in joining in on the Beading Babes November projects there is still plenty of time.  Click on the Beading Babes badge on the right sidebar of my blog and it will take you to Releases by Rufydoof's blog where she tells you all about Beading Babes. 

Happy beading Y'all,
Therese

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished product! The colors you chose look great together. I agree with you. The Sleek in Silver really worked up quickly. It makes me want to do more with that stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh can't wait to see the finished piece Therese....and your little red beads remind me of coloured sugar :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this one is going to be gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your necklace! This really is a quick and easy necklace, but it looks spectacular. I'm happy we chose it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see WIP....lovely colors, too.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beauty! Can I ask what you string them on? This fascinates me to no end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow the colours you have chosen are so striking. I can't wait to see it finished. You are so organised this month!!

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, love, love the colors you chose!! I went with heavier lampwork beads, so I'm in the process of reinforcing it now. Still thinking about what kind of clasp to use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh can't wait to see them finished

    ReplyDelete